Position Title: Supportive Services Specialist
Reports To: One-Stop Center Manager
Summary: Provides support to all Centers, including the Demonstration Grant by processing participant supportive services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes all supportive service payments including ensuring information is accurate, back up documentation is validated and purchase orders are completed and submitted.
- Collects and distributing checks to each Center.
- Contacts vendors to resolve any issues or concerns. Assists with the procurement of vendors as needed
- Communicates with staff regarding any issues or concerns with documentation and status of payment.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date program databases; generates supportive services related documents and reports and submits as required.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate record (file) system for each program participant.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One to two years of clerical and/or customer service experience.
- Computer skills necessary to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to vendors and staff.
- Mental ability to handle pressures related to performing multiple tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail with frequent disruptions due to people and/or telephone calls.
- Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish or English/Arabic is preferred.
- Physical ability to occasionally sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time when entering data information.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver license. Incumbent must also have reliable mean of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office.
Equal Opportunity Employer