Location: Detroit, MI
September 15, 2020
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: SEMCA (PATH)
LOCATION: Highland Park American Job Center (144 E. Manchester St., Highland Park, MI 48203)
REPORTS TO: SERCO Management
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
APPROVED DATE: 9/14/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database for program activities. Responsibilities include data entry and assisting in compiling, tracking and reporting of program statistics and performance data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enters participant activity data, such as participation hours, into the One Stop Management Information System (OSMIS) and internal reporting system; ensures accuracy of data entered.
2. Verifies participant registration and other data in OSMIS. Communicates with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and SEMCA to share and/or request participant information.
3. Compiles program statistics and performance data and prepares related reports for submission.
4. Participates in the maintenance of an up-to-date automated reporting system to track program participation hours/program completion and placement status of program participants.
5. Reconciles and validates reports with related data files/sources; reports errors and corrections to management.
6. Monitors and completes internal audits of participant files for accuracy and completeness.
7. Communicates with staff to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of participation activity.
8. Provides on-going technical assistance to staff as needed.
9. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Associates Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience in workforce development programs. Technical training in computers and Word Office suite software programs preferred. 2. One to two years of data entry/accounting experience. 3. Computer skills necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports. 4. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff 5. Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors. 6. Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail. 7. Physical ability to frequently sit at a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time when entering data. 8. Valid Michigan driver’s license. Incumbent must also have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust, and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. -- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.