September 15, 2020
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: SEMCA (PATH)
LOCATION: Highland Park American Job Center (144 E. Manchester St., Highland Park, MI 48203)
REPORTS TO: SERCO Management
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
APPROVED DATE: 9/14/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Provides support to career coach, conducts intake/enrollment of new program participants, coordinates supportive services process and performs placement follow-up duties for the PATH Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Completes the initial enrollment process and refers/schedules applicants for case management services; determines preliminary eligibility of individual to participate in SERCO programs and refers ineligible candidates to other agencies as appropriate.
2. Processes all supportive service payments including receiving and tracking attendance, completing and submitting transmittals, and collecting and distributing checks for PATH participants.
3. Provides follow-up services after job placement at intervals of once a month for a period of one year for each assigned participant to ensure stable employment. Documents efforts and outcomes in participant file.
4. Completes relevant customer employment data verified during the follow-up process and documents accordingly. Enters follow-up data into the case management database and submits reports as required.
5. Communicates with employers, training providers, contractors and staff regarding training and employment status of customers.
6. Completes and submits monthly job retention follow-up report to supervisor.
7. Maintains an accurate and up-to-date program database; generates placement and supportive services related documents and reports and submits as required.
8. Maintains an accurate record (file) system for each program participant.
9. Types letters, reports, forms and other copy material as determined necessary.
10. Performs the duties of Receptionist as needed.
11. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED). 2. One to two years of clerical and/or customer service experience. 3. Computer skills necessary to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software applications. 4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to incoming callers and walk-in guests. 5. Mental ability to handle pressures related to performing multiple tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail with frequent disruptions due to people and/or telephone calls. 6. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish or English/Arabic is required. 7. Physical ability to occasionally sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time when entering data information. 8. Must have a valid Michigan driver license. Incumbent must also have reliable mean of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust, and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. -- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Equal Opportunity Employer This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.