December 3, 2020
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: Detroit At Work Career Center
REPORTS TO: Career Center Operations Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Temporary
APPROVED DATE: 12/3/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Provides support to designated Detroit At Work Career Center, including special projects and initiatives by processing participant supportive services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes all supportive service payments including ensuring information is accurate, back up documentation is validated and purchase orders are completed and submitted.
2. Collects and distributes checks at the Center or other special project locations.
3. Contacts vendors to resolve any issues or concerns.
4. Assists with the procurement of vendors as needed.
5. Communicates with staff regarding any issues or concerns with documentation and status of payment.
6. Maintains accurate and up-to-date program databases; generates supportive services related documents and reports and submits as required.
7. Assists in maintaining an accurate record (file) system for each program participant.
8. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED). 2. One to two years of clerical and/or customer service experience. 3. Computer skills necessary to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software applications. 4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to vendors and staff. 5. Mental ability to handle pressures related to performing multiple tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail with frequent disruptions due to people and/or telephone calls. 6. Physical ability to occasionally sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time when entering data information. 7. Must have a valid Michigan driver license. Incumbent must also have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Equal Opportunity Employer This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.