December 2, 2020
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: Detroit At Work Career Center
LOCATION: 9301 Michigan Avenue
REPORTS TO: Center Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Temporary
APPROVED DATE: 12/2/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for sourcing and screening candidates for employment opportunities based on the employer specifications generated by the Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation’s (DESC) Business Services team. The Talent Sourcing Specialist will collaborate with Career Advisors to find and place qualified candidates in those jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with DESC’s Business Services team to help maintain relationships with employers to generate job opportunities for job-seeker base.
2. Work closely with Career Advisors to determine the type of jobs that match the skills and qualifications of our job-seeker base.
3. Market job opportunities to job-seekers through one-on-one meetings and on-site recruitment events.
4. Screen candidates for job interviews and make appropriate referrals to employers.
5. Make ongoing follow-up calls and/or site visits (if applicable) with job-seekers and employers to determine employment status and satisfaction with services delivered.
6. Advise candidates on how to prepare for interviews.
7. Meet monthly placement targets and compiles reports that track activities and outcomes.
8. Responds promptly and professionally to job seeker and employer customers.
9. Manages and updates database of job development leads and case notes.
10. Maintains a current understanding of economic and employment trends and emerging career opportunities.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. BA or BS degree or equivalent education and experience in workforce development programs. 2. Two-three years’ experience in recruiting, sales, job development or account management. 3. Successful experience in meeting goals in a high-volume sales environment preferred. 4. Ability to thrive in a performance-driven business setting and consistently meet goals. 5. Demonstrated successful experience presenting in front of large groups. 6. Superior Communications skills in writing and orally. 7. Bilingual Skills (Spanish and/or Arabic) preferred. 8. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team. 9. Strong organizational skills. 10. Exceptional sales skills with a demonstrated ability to generate leads, close deals and deliver results. 11. Critical and creative thinking skills. 12. Able to work in a fast-paced and performance-based environment. 13. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM applications and online sourcing tool. 14. Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have access to reliable transportation to commute to employer and Detroit At Work Career Center locations. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period of time. WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Equal Opportunity Employer This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.