December 3, 2020
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: Detroit At Work Career Center
LOCATION: Northwest Activities Center
REPORTS TO: Career Services Center Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Temporary
APPROVED DATE: 12/3/2020
JOB SUMMARY: Works with Career Coaches and Lead Career Coach to ensure participant training opportunities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as a liaison between customer and training provider.
2. Ensures accuracy of training documents.
3. Uploads training documents to Launchpad and creates required events/ITAs.
4. Develops and maintains a working relationship with customer, Career Advisor and training agency to ensure that concerns/barriers to successful program completion are addressed and resolved appropriately; provides referrals as determined necessary.
5. Conducts follow-up activities to monitor customer’s progress during training period and after achievement of educational goal; maintains related documentation.
6. Stays abreast of all changes related to WIOA training requirements.
7. Maintains knowledge of current labor market and occupational trends.
8. Manages a comprehensive caseload, ensures accurate documentation of case records.
9. Maintains an accurate tracking system to monitor enrollment, retention and participant’s progress and prepares activity reports as required.
10. Maintain case reporting in MIS systems and customer’s files.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. 2. Experience in career planning, placement, employment, training, or a related field preferred. 3. Knowledge of career development and case management principals, objectives, standards, and methods; and of program policies and procedures. 4. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and build professional relationships with training providers, assess customer needs and assist with case management activities. 5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). 6. Ability to make frequent visits to customers’ homes and training providers’ sites. 7. Computer skills necessary to maintain required documentation and to access information on the Internet. 8. Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting placement goals and dealing with multiple individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need. 9. Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License. Incumbent must have a reliable means of transportation and be willing to work a flexible schedule PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Equal Opportunity Employer This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.